I'm no Quentin Tarantino...


I'm no Quentin Tarantino...
Unless you are a sucker for nonlinear narrative, things make the most sense in chronological order. Follow the links posted below on the right.

Cast of Characters




-LinZ



Gizmo
Please note that I didn't include Gus's information on this page.  
Partly because I already prominently featured his addition to the the family in my actual Chapter entries, and also  because he's featured in many of the pictures here (and all over the rest of this site) as it is... This page is specifically for my other 'babies'. 


Gizmo 2010
I  had Gizmo for about four years before I married Greg.  Such a smart cat. I always joked that he'd take over the world one day.  His favorite past-times were molesting feet, chewing off Basil's whiskers, and somehow tricking his cat siblings into going into cupboards/drawers and then shutting them inside.









Basil 2010
Basil

Basil was non-too-bright, but very sweet. If there was a lap nearby, he was either in it or heading for it.  I've never known a more cuddly and snuggle-giving cat in my life (And I've known some amazing kitties, trust me!).    He and Gizmo were roughly the same age and loved each other very very much.








The Haven
I took this photo of The Haven minutes after we made the offer to purchase it.





Chloe prior to, and during her physical therapy.

Chloe was crazy, though she did have sweet moments. She injured her spine in early '09. Thanks to a regimen of drugs and P.T., she regained her ability to walk. Alas, her bladder control was limited. She needed outside access every five hours or so. My work schedule didn't allow this so a new home was found. Last I heard, Chloe was living happily ever after.






Shelly, young Gus & Chloe
Shelly was our geriatric pooch from Canada.  Greg rescued her when she was about a year old.  After much TLC on his part, he taught her that life is good and not all humans are cruel.  She was an amazing dog, even with her fear of stairs and un-carpeted floors.  By the time she joined us here in Utah, her age was really showing.  Mothering Gus made her feel young for a few extra years, but eventually we had to let her make her way to Rainbow Bridge.  








Fluffy

Fluffy was found in the junk-pile at the care center where I worked in the summer of 2007.  Or was it 2006?  Regardless, I bottled raised her and she eventually grew into one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen.  When Stockton joined the family a year later, we realized we really had too many critters, so we found Fluffy a new 'forever home' with a lady who saw her profile on ksl.com. 







Gus wasn't able to pin Bo for long...
Bo 2010

Bo was quick to join the family after Shelly passed away.   We had originally tried to rescue a dog from the Humane Society, but when she attacked Gus, back she went! That same day we drove up near Hill Air Force Base and picked up our little boxer pup.  What a great dog.  I really miss him.



I stand corrected.














Gus & Stockton

Stockton 2010
Stockton was one of three kittens that were born to my parents' cat prior to them spaying her. He started out as a small, fluffy, white thing. It wasn't until he'd been with us for a few weeks that he decided to go all chameleon on us and turn into a Siamese.   Ninja cat!  Stockton LOVED Gus. Every chance he got he was in his face and rubbing on him. Gus tolerated it, but I readily admit he never fully returned the adoration.






Hunny 2010
Hunny was found on KSL classifieds.  We had her less than a year before Greg came out of the closet.  She was a sweet girl, though she had a tendency to torture Gus every chance she got.  As far as looks go, she was pug perfection.  Prettiest pug ever... provided there is such a thing as "pretty" when it comes to pugs.



Photos from 2010 were taken by my friend, Kim, who is a most talented photographer.